Saturday, July 5, 2008

enjoying the garden


I must say, if you have the chance, grow a garden. We are enjoying the 'vegetables' of our labor everyday! Today we pick 4 ears of corn, 2 zucchini, and 1 squash and had them with dinner. It is a little (really!) work in the beginning, but SO worth it. I know I have said this before, but I am thinking bigger for next year. The boys love to check it every day and will actually eat what we pick. This is definitely the beginning of vegetable gardens for us.
We also have a sunflower that is over 7 feet tall and still doesn't have a flower head on it! I can't wait to see it, I am going to have to get out the ladder. Very exciting.

3 comments:

windyday said...

SO how did the corn taste?

The Cherry Family said...

So great!!

Chambers Family said...

I am really jealous! We have some peppers (that we will probably never eat) and I think our carrots are about ready. We will have to try corn next year...that looks good! My sunflower is gigantic too!