Every evening we would find out that there would be no school the next day. This did not please William. He is ready to get back to school! So we had "school" at home. I was the teacher "Mrs. Cherry" and the boys were the students. The first day they blew through the crafts/school work and we were able to go sledding for recess. The next two days the school work got more difficult and time consuming!
I also notices some finches flying around our back yard which is unusual b/c we have no trees! On our first trip out I bought this birdseed bell. We have now seen many types of little birds and enjoyed seeing them.
One of William's craft projects: sea creature sun catchers. What do you do with 12 sun catchers? Well I hung some of them from the shower curtain in their bathroom.
Being stuck inside for a few days can really get me motivated to get some projects done. I have been wanting to paint the spare bedroom since we've moved in. There is one major problem... 10 foot ceilings! Well now I am motivated... This is current favorite color and my dilemma. I am thinking this color may be too bright/dark for another person/potential home buyer. Now here is were I get a little 'crazy'. No we are not planning on moving, really anytime soon. I do know that this is not our forever house. I have plans... Anyway, even though I love to paint, I am intimidated by these tall ceilings! So it's back to lowe's and the paint counter for a new color that 'someone else' would like better... I know, crazy.
Ok, I can't move these pictures around for some crazy reason, so this is very random...This is a pillow I worked on in November/December. The hardest thing I've ever knitted!! The snowflake pattern is on both sides of the pillow. It was a great challenge & and strangely fun!
This if my most recent project. Some of you may recognize this image. It's the symbol for transforms. And this is a hat for the biggest kid in the house. This was such a quick project and the pillow pic above really helped me with this technique. Needless to say this hat has opened the door for all kinds of requests from the other boys in the house. I have a Batman image picked out and William just requested a dinosaur hat. They keep me busy!!
Here is a challenge for this year. I bought these stocking kits from Hobby Lobby for 90% off! Seriously they cost $1.50 each!! These stocking kits have a lot of hand stitching, if not all hand stitching. I'm exciting b/c I will be learning something new and if I mess them up it was only $1!That being said, you are now caught up with our week and we are very much planning on school tomorrow! I can't wait!!
1 comment:
I love how you list crafts in there with food as "supplies". :) We've had our share of being stuck at home too and it is nice to finally be able to get out.
If you like that paint color - I say go with it! It is your house, and paint is one of the easiest things to change. I say that knowing full well that our present house is not our "forever house" either and I may have to paint over my new lime green and turquoise walls sometime soon. I'm enjoying the colors for now. :) I
Post a Comment