Friday, April 15, 2011

32 hats and counting!!

So when I started this goal in February, 100 hats made in 2011, I thought it would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I am not much for math or thinking things through for that matter. After tell a lot of people about my crazy goal I sat down and broke down my 100 goal. I basically have to knit 25 hats every 3 months. 2 hats a week would need to be my average. I then realized I was already behind in March. I am pretty sure I knitted 15 hats in March alone just to get caught up!

Now that I am in the 30's I've realized I am more motivated to finish a hat if I know who it is going to. A lot of these hats have homes already and I am looking for more inspiration! Do you need a hat? I am seriously taking requests! Leave me a comment with some color and style ideas. I've got 23 more to knit before June and it will be here before I know it! So here is your chance to get a hat! Most of the hats below are beanies and super quick to knit. The hat with the ruffles is called Caroline and I have made 4 of those so far. There is also a slouchy hat in there.

So far there are two patterns that I do NOT want to knit again, they silver/gray one and the green one on the bottom. The green one on the bottom also needs a home. It is knit in wool and if you are interested I could take a better picture and send it to you!

One last thing, the hats with all the stripes are from a yarn at Hobby Lobby called 'I Love This Yarn' Stripes. I hope to use every color combination they sell!









5 comments:

Angie said...

Bricelyn and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a hat. I love the Caroline style!! Bricelyn likes pink and black and I like any color. :) Little B likes beanies and I am pretty sure he would like the gray with black stripes. You don't have to make us all one but there are some inspirations for you :) Have fun!!

Mandy Estes said...

Amanda! I'm here to help motivate you! I'd like the Caroline. :) Maybe a deep purple color. I'd take any color really. Let me know how much.

The Cherry Family said...

Angie and Mandy I've got you added to my list!!

Mandy Estes said...

Wahoo, I'm so excited!

Amanda Gray Lantz said...

ok, do you still need more motivation? i would really love a hat. I was wanting kind of a 20's-40's style hat with a rim around it. not sure if you can make one. Any dark color would work. and the kids would love a hat also. Anything boyish for Logan and a girlie one for Tab. Let me know what you can do and how much!!i'm excited.