Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lego mama saves the day!!

If you are a Lego mama like I am, you know how important the Mini Figurines are. William, the oldest, will spend all his money just to have a certain character. Thankfully they have been Star Wars characters and have been easy to find on Ebay. His newest obsession is Captain America. He is pretty good at using his imagination but there comes a point where his frustration takes over... Enter Lego mama!

Here is my solution:

First we found body parts that were basically the right colors. I was soon told by William that CA does not have pockets on the front of his shirt... my solution, I took some sand paper and scratched the image off.


I was next told that he needs a red belt and boots. I first thought spray paint, because you know I love that stuff! Anyway I decided on fingernail polish. It worked great!! After I got the belt and boots painted we decided he needed a white star on his front and back... French manicure tip paint worked great for that! To get the little details in there I used a toothpick.


William LOVES him!! I think it was a pretty easy solution, rather then spending more $$$.

Next was Andrew, my Batman boy! We found some matching body parts and started sanding off the front.


I used a silver polish for his belt. I think the hardest part was figuring his mask out. In the end I cut a tiny piece of felt in the shape we wanted and used the white nail polish and toothpick for his eyes. I used E6000 (my favorite) to keep his mask on. I also made him a little black cape made out of the same felt.

Both boys are so happy and I got some crafting in! It's a win win!!

1 comment:

Grammy Carlotta said...

Amanda, you are SO creative and have such with it. You're a wonderful Mother.