Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our first hiking trip...

What a day! We drove out to Lost Valley by the Buffalo River for our first hiking adventure. This is a hike I did a lot with my parents when I was younger. There is so much great stuff to see on this 2 mile hike. There are two waterfalls one comes out of the natural bridge and another comes out of the cave. The natural bridge is a big hole in the rock that you can climb through and come out the other side of the bluff. All the guys went, I stayed and took pictures. The second waterfall in beside this huge bluff that hangs over your head. And when you get to the end of your hike there is the cave. The boys were so excited and did such a wonderful job! They wanted to stop and look at everything on the way in, so we did. They were both a little nervous about going in the cave. They where in for a couple of minutes, didn't see any bats, so they decided they would come out. Steven went to the back of the cave... through a tight squeeze and entered a 30 foot room with a huge waterfall. It is a very easy hike and perfect for little kids.

It was so neat seeing the boys climb on the same huge boulder I did when I was younger and enjoy the whole hike so much! Today a dinner Andrew said 'so, we went on a hike, I liked it!'

After the cave, Andrew was ready to be finished, he got a nice ride back to the car. William was racing back down the trail until the very end, then he too was finished. It was so worth it! We had so much fun, and I am so glad that our boys enjoy hiking, I plan on adding it our weekends more frequently. We want to come back after the leaves change. There is just so much to see, maybe next time we will add camping.

4 comments:

windyday said...

how far of a drive is that? What is Andrew holding in his hand?

Chambers Family said...

Wow, I can't wait to take Dylan to places like that. It is pretty neat that we went there when we were kids, now we can take our own!

Karen Sherrill said...

...yes, what is Andrew holding in his hand?

Looks like you all had a wonderful day together ;o).

The Cherry Family said...

That is a caterpiller we found... It's an hour and half drive, I think we should go again when the chamber's are in town!