Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The best playdough ever!

The boys and I have been enjoying the cooler weather! We have been outside a lot!

Today we stayed home to play in the mud and make play dough. This recipe is the best one ever! I made it a year and a half ago and just threw it out last week because it was getting a little hard and all the colors were mixed together.

So here they are mixing their favorite colors together.




It is so hard to get a good smile out of these kids. I had to say some 'dirty' words to get this smile out of him... (burp, fart, you know stuff that makes boys laugh)




Anyway here is the recipe for this wonderful plough!
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 TBLS oil
2 cups water
food coloring

Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. add to saucepan with oil & water. stir continuously over low heat until dough forms.

turn dough out on a floured board and knead while it cools. about 5-10 mins separate and add coloring. store in airtight containers.

Best thing about this is if your kid eats it, you know what the ingredients are!

3 comments:

Hamilton Family said...

what a great idea, where ever did you find such a wonderful recipe:-)

The Cherry Family said...

true true! thanks mrs. hamilton!

JJ said...

Hey this is the same recipe I have- my mom made it for me when I was little!
Remind me if you're interested and I'll share a recipe for pumpkin pie scented play dough. So fun. We made a few batches and put them in tin pie plates, covered with saran wrap, tied with a bow and passed them out to neighbor kids in the fall.