Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Looking good!

Honestly I thought this process was going to take a LOT longer then it has. I am not finished, but very close. Here is the table after the legs were painted


And here is the painted top. I LOVE IT! I had a problem with the paint, apparently you aren't suppose to shake it, it had tons of tiny bubbles in it. BUT It gave it this great texture that I totally love. You can also see paint lines in it, and I think it makes it look more like wood.


My next problem... should I leave it with this finish or put a more durable (hopefully) semi gloss polyurethane on it. Ok, I guess I pretty much answered that question myself. Our table is the center of our home. The more durable the better! And should I distress it? I really want to distress the chairs, but now that I see how great the table looks, I don't want to mess it up by distressing it.

Anyway what do you think!? Isn't she beautiful!! To see before pics, just check out the playdough post.

2 comments:

windyday said...

You did awesome! LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

I think you should do the chairs just like the table....it looks so great!!! I can't wait for my first meal at this updated, refinished, black table!!! WOW!~jr