Andrew's party is this weekend and we are going all out!! We are having a super hero/batman theme party and these are the main favors... Super Hero Capes.
Here's how you make them:
Here's how you make them:
I am using felt. I have to make 16 and I am not interested in sewing anything and I don't want to spend much money. Fleece would also make great capes. 1/2 a yard will make 2 capes.
You'll also need elastic cord. The thicker elastic I got from some old tent poles, and I bought some from Hobby Lobby. And of course my handy dandy scissors.
The size of the cape is 18" wide by 26" long. This fits my 4 year old and my 6 year old. So 1/2 a yard of felt will make 2 capes.

After cutting out the cape shape, cut a small hole on both sides of the top about 1" from the edge. I cut the elastic into 16" strips. Stick elastic into the hole and tie a double knot.


No comments:
Post a Comment