Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Busy Busy summer!

Let's pretend I haven't waited a month to blog...

We have been keeping busy this summer! Every Thursday and Friday we have 2 extra kids at our house, so we have been squeezing vacations in during the first part of the week.

We had a wonderful 4th of July. We got to celebrate it with our church this year and they put on a wonderful show!! On the 5th we headed to Kansas City MO. We went a little DINO crazy in KC! We drove straight to the T-Rex Cafe and yes we were there last year, almost on the same day! But it was still a blast. We ate dinner there and spent time 'digging' for fossils. Next we headed to my aunt's house (thanks Eleanor!) to stay the night. Then we were off to the big Dinosaurs Alive exhibit at Union Station.


At this exhibit they had life size robotic dinos. We enjoyed all the dinos coming alive as we walked by. S and I thought it was a little bit too much money for what you got to see, but hey, the kids had fun.

We also got to see a 3D movie about dinos and this film was interesting to me because the paleontologist kept talking about how these fossils were perfectly preserved because of a flood. I LOVE that they 'mentioned' it because that gave me yet another way to talk to William about the bible and how it included the dinos and how maybe these scientists aren't always right about their theories. I love they way Ken Ham and his website Answers in Genesis talks about Dinos and the Bible.


Off my soap box... here they are with a precious baby stegosaurus


And here is William with his favorite... a teenage T-Rex.


We've also gotten to check out some new to us parks. This one is in Rogers and it includes a skate park and a sprinkler park. They skate park is kind of hard to do on bikes but when it starts to rain, they become great slides!


We got to meet our favorite Hamilton girls at this park and it was so wonderful spending time with them. It has been almost a year now since they moved away and we miss them all the time!! Next week the boys and I get to drive to their house and spend some more time with them!



I feel like our suitcase is never unpacked, and before I know it school will start again. I had a great picture on the camera of what our kitchen table looks like today after being able to spend some time at home, but the camera is not working. Just picture papers, books, color pencils, and craft projects covering the table. This is how we unwind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they had a blast, we can't wait til you are here to visit!!!!