We got to visit the Oklahoma Aquarium this past week and got to go with our newest friends Sicily and Eliza. We had a lot of fun exploring under the sea.

This shark diving cage was outside the shark tunnel. William was so excited to see it. Who knows, one of these could be in his future!

We also got to touch sharks and rays. Andrew loved touching the sharks... He could actually reach them this year!

Now onto the crafting! Last Saturday morning I woke up and told Steven we should paint over the wall with the tractor mural. He said ok, what were you thinking? I told him chalk board paint and let's paint it today!
Click here to see the before mural and a super young William & Andrew!!
Yeah I'm crazy like that! When I get an idea in my head, I go for it!
We now have a 5 foot tall chalk board in the toy room! And I love it, the boys love it, we all love it!!

I've also been inspired in the spare room/craft room. These two signs I bought at Hobby Lobby in the 80% off clearance area. They 'were' ugly! I added mod podge and scrapbook paper to them and now they are FAB!
I painted the keep calm and I am trying to decide what to do with the long skinny one. Any ideas??
I painted the keep calm and I am trying to decide what to do with the long skinny one. Any ideas??

What I didn't tell you about the chalk board paint is that it covers great, and it is very addictive!! I walked around the house thinking, what else can I paint with this? I found this frame I wasn't using and painted away, and now I have a great chalk board for the spare/craft room. BTW don't you love all the tiny pink clothes?!? My sister is having a girl next month!!!

And my last project is a bulletin board. I got the frame from good old 80% off Hobby Lobby. I wanted it to be magnetic and cork so I bought some precut metal at Lowe's and glued some fabric to it, painted to cork boards (from Hobby Lobby) black, and glued them all together and in the frame!



No comments:
Post a Comment