Monday, December 5, 2011

99!

2011 is coming to an end and so is my goal of knitting 100 hats in 1 year. As I started the blog post I thought I would list the names of all the hats and link the patterns I used... That, my dear, is too much work and time!! So if you are interested is seeing a hat pattern, let me know and I will send you the link.

I did make quite a few duplicates. I made 10 beanies and 6 of the Caroline pattern (that is the hat with the ruffle in the front). I also made 12 Razorback beanies. A plus is 27 of these hats are baby hats! That means the majority of my hats are larger hats that took more time!

I am amazed to say that all of these hats had homes before I knit them! In the beginning I was planning on donating most of them, because really, what do you do with 100 hats!?! Once word got out that I was making them, the requests came pouring in! I love knowing that my hats are keeping loved ones warm.

My 100th hat is for me and I think it is one of the tougher patterns I have done... Here is a picture, it is called Lara and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Here are all the pictures!! This was a fun goal that was stressful at times. When I did the math, I was averaging 8 hats a month, or two hats a week.























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me friend!!!!

Meghan said...

You are AWESOME!!