Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time for honestly

I have been thinking about this for a while, I am turning 30 in October. I really don't feel like it is a big deal, but I did have a goal to be in shape before I turned 30. Have I even tried to reach this goal in the past 5 months? NO So today is the beginning. I am adding a list on the right side that will have the date and the amount of time I have walked, non stop that day. The goal is to walk 30 minutes 6 days a week. Derek (my brother in law) is my new inspiration. He started a year ago with changing his diet and adding exercise and he has lost over 100 lbs! Amazing job!

I do have a weight loss goal, I think 15-20 pounds would be great, but my real goal would be being able to walk from the lake to my parent's house without being out of breath. I am definitely NOT going to post my weight on the blog! Hello I just told you how old I am I need to keep something to myself!

Here is the plan. There is NO way I can walk 30 mins nonstop with the boys. It takes us 30 mins just to walk around the block. I am so lucky because Steven comes home for lunch almost everyday. So when he gets home I will walk for 30 mins. When it gets hotter, I will just have to do it at night. If you think about it, 30 mins is nothing, we can all spare 30 mins. I am going to give up my guilty pleasure... All My Children. All the characters on the show make me feel like a fat cow anyway!!

So wish me luck and keep me accountable... If you don't see any dates posted tell me to get off my tush and start walking!

2 comments:

windyday said...

WOW. You opening yourself up for some serious accountability! I like that. And I like how you met your goal for the day already. Nice. I would love to be on the call list for night walks. I am excited for you!

The Cherry Family said...

I know, I am starting to have second thoughts about this post, but it's out there! Now I've got to do it!