Saturday, February 9, 2008

Shark project

I just finished this project today, and William is not here, but I know when he sees it he will love it!


It all started when I got a Company Store magazine and saw this shark bedding! I thought what could I buy for William... well the cheapest thing was a pillowcase for $9.00. I didn't think that was very cheap when you add shipping and stuff so I looked on Ebay

I found this great shark fabric, and thought I could make pillowcases! Well I and still learning about fabric and length such, needless to say, I didn't buy enough to make a pillow case, the sharks would be swimming in the wrong direction! Anyway Steven and I came up with cutting the fabric in the shape of a shark and I came up with this...
Here is my handmade pattern



Cut out with teeth and eye out of felt.


Finally I zigzaged stiched around the edge, I think it turned out great and I know William will love it. And I have enough fabric to make 3 more pillowcases!!





Ok, one more thing... I have a new project that I want to start and maybe you can help me. I would like to collect shopping bags that are colorful, like old navy or clear, like dry cleaning bags.

if you have any send them my way! this is what I want to make... bags and purses out of old shopping bags.


I've been doing research and I am very excited about this... I will post my first one, as soon as I get one made... probably next week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not about the sharks....love the bags...need more information about your costs that you have incurred.

this looks like something that might be marketable...maybe we can call Dee Breazel, sloan's mother. Ask your mom if she remembers her...

sloan