Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!?!

Halloween started out great I was cleaning and finishing up the decorating and everything was fine until about 4 o'clock. Then I got sick and was out of it until tonight. So that was the bad trick, but the treat was much bigger! The boys had a great time trick or treating and they both looked SO cute. After that Steven really kicked it into gear and finished the decorating for the party, with the help of Vanessa and Kim & Micah. Thank you SO SO much for all you did to help get it ready... Another bad trick I didn't think of taking any pictures of the decorations until today... when almost all of them were down. So look in the back ground of these pictures and you will get the idea...



*notice the creepy curtain behind them... there was another one in the kitchen
Madilyn and Miranda joined the boys for trick or treating
I love my husband!  Notice the spiders climbing all over the fridge and the mice climbing up the wall...
'Wendy' from peter pan, Pirate Vanessa, & Hot 'Sandy' from Grease
I knew I wouldn't be up for it, so I had V wear my costume, and I think she looks great!!
Wendy & Captain Hook are getting pretty chummy!
Guitar Hero along with dancing in the garage was our main source of entertainment... We covered all the furniture with sheet and the house was mostly lite by candle light.  The living room was decorated as a cave with tons of bats.  My regular family pictures were switched out with demon looking people and other pictures were hanging upside down and sideways.  The hallway was lite with red lights and the bathroom was our scary room...  Lit only by a candle you were greeted by Bloody Mary written on the mirror and scary sounds coming from the shower.  There was also a motion activated ghost. 
Danny and Sandy the picture didn't turn out too good, I am sure it was because it was so dark... Notice the demon children in the pictures behind them... very freaky!!
The front door... It had a motion sensor skeleton hand that would 'knock' on the door.  I think it scared a lot of little kids...  And the other is the doorway to the laundry room.  I made two of these you had to walk thru on our way to the dancing fun!
It turned out to be a pretty great party I think there were like 17 or so people here.  I was pretty out of it, I just sat around a lot.  Thank you so so much to my partner Vanessa, I think we did a great job! and thanks for cleaning up!!

5 comments:

windyday said...

No way. I had no idea you were sick! Major bummer! you transformed your house! I am glad everything went well despite you getting sick.

Hamilton Family said...

You are too nice, You did a lot! and everything turned out great!Hopefully I will be able to get you some pics of the decor!

Anonymous said...

I missed your first Halloween party, so that means you have to do it all over again next year since you are a pro at making super scary decorations. Really it looked great! You two can do anything when you put your minds to it!~jr

Anonymous said...

Steve is too cool!~jr

Anonymous said...

All the kids trick-or-treating together looked very fun! They all looked so happy!~jr