Crystal's apron. I learned a lot from this pattern, mainly, it is hard to sew curves! I think it turned out pretty cute and I hope that Crystal will like it. I will probably give it to her when our grandparents are in town at the end of this month.

I have been reading so many blogs lately about spray painting stuff. And I must say I have been inspired. Here are two birdies I got at the dollar store, cute. Spray painted white and now they are so much cuter! I have big ideas coming up, I have been thinking about our kitchen table and chairs spray painted black and our patio furniture spray painted to match the fabric below.

We were able to go buy some seed today and we planted some inside to get a head start.
And I am most excited about my laundry soap! I spent yesterday shopping at different stores finding the ingredients. I followed these instructions Make your own laundry soap. 45 mins later, I now have 5 gallons of soap that costs $2.50 to make. I am going to be doing laundry tomorrow & I will let you know how it goes!
Two weeks ago I decided we needed curtains in the living room. Dark brown in a silk type fabric. I searched the fabric stores, too much work & money. I searched JC Penney and Target, too much money! Then yesterday I found these taffeta (lined) curtains at walmart, $14 per panel! Great Price! They are the perfect shade of brown, the exact color of the fire place. They are darker in person.

Andrew got a 'growing' frog and lizard for his birthday. You put them in water and they grow. They have been soaking since Sunday and they have gotten bigger. I think the lizard could grow even more, but I am getting kind of tired of a bucket full of water sitting on my counter.

Andrew got a 'growing' frog and lizard for his birthday. You put them in water and they grow. They have been soaking since Sunday and they have gotten bigger. I think the lizard could grow even more, but I am getting kind of tired of a bucket full of water sitting on my counter.
This is the fabric I am going to use to fix our patio cover with. The cover took a beating last year from the wind and sun and has several tears in it. I am going to use this fabric to sew a band around the bottom half. I am hoping to start this next week.


And I am most excited about my laundry soap! I spent yesterday shopping at different stores finding the ingredients. I followed these instructions Make your own laundry soap. 45 mins later, I now have 5 gallons of soap that costs $2.50 to make. I am going to be doing laundry tomorrow & I will let you know how it goes!
One more thing... Our neighbors got some great news yesterday Brandon's cancer is 75% gone. Their journey has been so amazing, they have been so open about the cancer and the way God is using it in their lives. We are so lucky to know them! Click here The Hall Family or click on the orange box in the upper right side of the blog.






4 comments:
Let me know how the laundry soap works. I am about out and am really thinking about trying it.
We have been using it for a little ove a year and still love it ;o). The spray paint bug has bit the Sherrill house hold as well ;o)... I found a tray that WAS blue and a trinket box that WAS gold... they are both now a lovely shabby chic white ;o). I used all of Shannon's white spray paint... that the Army gave him... oops ;o). So, I have to ask... is there a specific brand of spray paint that you like better?
Oh yeah...and the apron looks great. I can't wait to get my hands on it =)
Karen, I have just been buying whatever is cheapest on the spray paint. I am thinking I may have to go more expensive with the table and chairs.
Post a Comment