Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shorts and mohawk

I ordered a new book last week and it came in while I was at the spa... The Creative Family I haven't read it all but it is full of wonderful ideas of projects you can do with kids, and for adults. For instance... Do you have a shirt that you just love but it doesn't fit anymore, well just cut it, sew, and add elastic and tada you have shorts for your kids! It is so easy! I was trying to think of an alternative to buying new summer jammies for Will and this solved the problem! All I bought was elastic, and it is a new project for me! Exciting!!!


This was my shirt that was in the garage sale pile and now it is new comfy shorts!


These are Steven's favorite! The red shorts are from a shirt he use to wear all the time (before kids) and the blue is from a Hawaiian shirt.


The big red is for Will and blue for Andrew and the little red were too small for Andrew so I am going to see if they fit Dylan.

That book is so full of project ideas, I am sure I will be posting about it again!!

Finally I have finished William's Mohawk hat, what can I say, I get distracted easily! Anyway he loves it and it even fits Steven so William won't grow out of it for a long time! I trimmed the 'hair' so it would stand up better and not be so heavy!



2 comments:

windyday said...

I am very impressed. I need to see that book. Thanks for showing us the shorts, can't wait to see them around the neighborhood.

Chambers Family said...

I am so excited about the shorts! Thanks! I hope they fit. They look great! Good job!