Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Creek exploration

Today was pretty busy, we spent the morning at a friend's house and this afternoon we headed to a creek.  Sometimes I just get this urge to get in the woods and explore.  There isn't much close to us, so we did some exploring around the creek.  William brought my old camera to take pictures of the wildlife.  He is SO good at spotting things.  He spotted this frog in the middle of the creek and I think the frog was about the size of a quarter.  It took me a long time to find it.  He could be a great animal photographer some day.
The frog was all the wildlife we saw.  So the boys decided they should cross the creek for more exploring.  I rolled up the pants and they went across.  After they got to the other side I realized that I should go with them, what if Andrew falls, then I changed my mind... On the way back, Andrew Fell!

Thankfully I had some dry shorts, so that is why he is half naked in the rest of the pictures!
Next we started collecting rocks with fossils on them.  We found some pretty cool ones!

I think they had a lot of fun, and it was nice to be outside and out of routine for a while.

Tomorrow we start another adventure.  Every Wednesday we will have a little boy with us.  He is 22 months old and loves playing with the boys.  I am excited for the extra playmate and extra income!  And Tomorrow I turn 30!!

1 comment:

Hamilton Family said...

WOW ANDREW HAS GOT SOME MUSCLES!< I'm jealous