Monday, February 23, 2009

so upset!

I have been working all week on a 3/4 sleeve cardigan.  I was excited and loved the pattern.  Do you ever have that moment when you are working on a project a little voice in your head says, 'something isn't right'.  The rest of you head is listening to your excitement and hopes about the project so you don't 'hear' that little doubt.  Well that is what happened to my cardigan.  It is knit from the top down so I was able to try it on as I knit.  I thought 'maybe it looks big b/c it is still on the needles'.  Last night I finished and boy is it big! I can wrap one side around me.  It just makes me sick!  I don't know what went wrong I checked my gauge b/4 I started and it looked fine.  So here is my plan, basically I am going to pull it all out!  I knitted 2 strand of yarn together, I am thinking about starting over with just one strand.  It will be more see through, so I am not sure.  I am also thinking I now have a TON of this green color, how about Easter vests for the boys?  Gosh I have enough to make matching vests for all 4 of us!

On a better note...
We added one more fish to our collection
A Maroon Clown fish.  He is about 3 inches and will grow up to 6.  We like the way he swims around, pretty animated.  We now have 7 fish and 1 starfish. 
We are thinking about chore charts and allowance... more on that later!

No comments: