Monday, February 2, 2009

After the storm

After great sunny weather on Friday and Saturday we decided to head to our favorite park to see the damage from the ice storm. We were just here 2 weeks ago and I took these pictures. It looks very different. You can't even see the trail in some areas.


This is the trail to the lake, and this is the playground. The tree fell on the green slide.



And yesterday we headed to mom and dad's house to see their damage. And the way mom puts it, they have lake view property now.

This was as far down the trail we could go, this big tree is uprooted right on the trail. And the other picture is from the deck, you can see a lot more of the lake now.


With all the snow melting, there was mud everywhere! While the adults were cleaning up all the branches the boys were enjoying the mud




Mom and dad still don't have power and I don't know when they will get it back. Our friends got their's back yesterday so they only had to stay 4 nights with us and one night at a hotel. They are very thankful to have it back on!
There is an amazing amount of damage in Springdale. A lot of the streets looked like the hiking trail at the park, even our old street Maria. Thankfully none of our homes were damaged.

3 comments:

Chambers Family said...

That is exactly what it looked like in January of 2007 in Missouri. It was a mess! It will take a long time to recover from it. Luckily there was no damage to mom and dad's house and you didn't have to go too long without electricity! Thanks for the pics!

Karen Sherrill said...

Wow...that is amazing...Mom and Kim are doing fine...they were without power for about 2 days I think. Thankfully they have gas heat so at least they were warm! Brad has been cleaning the yard and Mom says there is still quite a few branches out there. I'm glad I wasn't there because I hate being cold, but on the other hand I wish I was there so that I could be of some help ;o).

Karen

Hamilton Family said...

hey cherry family was a great time tonight thatnks for coming over, Steven thanks for your help!