Saturday, May 30, 2009

Two Skirts

Well I've started sewing more then just aprons! Here are two skirts I completed this week. The first is my favorite. It was also my first zipper! Looked tougher then it was, I just got on youtube.com and watched a tutorial on sewing a zipper. I wore this yesterday to graduation and got a lot of compliments! I kept that I made it to myself ;o)


Here is the skirt I finished today. Loved the fabric in the store, not too sure about it on me, & it didn't photograph well. It is a wrap skirt and it also said on the package that it would take 1 hour! Well I can tell you for a fact 3 hours later that the package is wrong!!!! I'm going to wear it to church tomorrow.

I also learned something else. Just because I am one size in the clothes I buy does not mean I am that same size when it comes to patterns!

2 comments:

windyday said...

I really love the second one. very pretty. I need to take a lesson, or better yet i need to bring my machine to your house and try and keep up with you and make myself a skirt too!!!

The Cherry Family said...

let me tell ya, it wouldn't be hard to keep up! i'm pretty slow!