In our front yard! I can't believe it! Our funky tree that has dark leaves and beautiful flowers in the spring is a plum tree! I know what you are thinking... Amanda you have lived it that house for 2+ years and you are just figuring it out. Well, last year it had these hard purple balls on it and this year they actually look, smell and taste like plums! I did research... It takes 3-4 years before they produce fruit. I am hoping the plums left on the tree will grow, or next year maybe we will have great plums. Anyway, this is what we picked up from the ground.

As we were under the tree I was right under a branch and looked up to grab it and saw this bird! Scared me! He just sat there and looked at us, so I got my camera and got some shots. The boys loved looking at him. he is at their eye level. Notice the baby fuzz on top of his head.


Update on the bird... When Steven got home for lunch the boys took him outside to look at the bird and it was on the ground. Somehow it ended up in the house! Chess scared it out and it flew across the street. The boys thought that was hilarious!
1 comment:
well come on over to Hinesville, GA...I have a plum tree in my front yard!!! We don't eat them though...the mosquito spray truck saturates it on a weekly basis ;o).
Post a Comment